Wednesday, June 4, 2008

WFMW 6-4-08




Today over at Rocks in My Dryer, the topic is “Mom, I’m bored!” What do you do when your children announce they are bored?

For my family, I have always had to work so I have not been able to be home the entire summer. I always made sure there were plenty of activities and down-times as well. Now that they are teenagers I seem to hear I am bored more frequently on the weekends when their friends may be on vacation or they have lost rights to the television.

On the times that I was off work and if the boredom blues hit the kids these are a few standbys that always worked:

Creating something with the craft items I have on hand. Many times we have made Christmas ornaments in July or jewelry. Working on scrapbooks is another great pastime!

SWIMMING….WATER FIGHTS…..WATER BALLOON FIGHTS….WATER FUN!!! You can never fail with water fun….get some great sunscreen and have a blast!

Check out the library for activities for youth in the summer…these are always free and very educational.

We have had a movie fest before….watch every Mary Kate and Ashley movie or Star Wars…pop some popcorn throw some pillows on the floor and have a fun time watching movies together as a family.

In my experience when kids are bored they are really saying they want YOU and to spend time with YOU. That however is my own experience. Very rarely have I heard those words from my four children.

These are a few things that work for me! For more Works for Me Wednesday posts head over to Rocks in My Dryer.

No comments: