Friday, October 10, 2008

Fireproof Your Marriage











We had been anxiously awaiting the chance to see this movie. Finally last Saturday my husband and I were able to take some time to see it! It was one of the best movies I have ever seen! I cried, I laughed, I cried some more and the presentation of the Gospel on the big screen was incredible. At the end of the movie the entire theatre erupted in applause! Read this article from CNN that tells more about this incredible movie.

Kirk Cameron does a fabulous job in the movie. All the actors were great. I can't say enough about the music! Oh my goodness the music was fantastic! If you have not seen this movie...run to your local theatre and see it!!! What a joy to see the theatre FULL of families and couples as well as singles. This is a movie for everyone.

A few things I have read about the movie are 1. Kirk Cameron would not take anything for personal gain. His fee for the movie went to a terminally ill childrens camp in Georgia that he and his wife have; 2. He has also made a vow to not kiss anyone but his wife. A scene in this movie call for him to kiss the actress portraying his wife. Instead they used his OWN wife as the stand in. You can't even tell. It was awesome to think that he is protecting his own marriage by setting boundaries that most actors would think is ludicris.

We are taking our teenagers to see the movie next. We need more movies like this with a message that is positive! Go see it!!!

Here are some great resources:
Fireproof the Movie
Fireproof Your Marriage

No comments: