Friday, November 23, 2007

Trying this again

I have tried over the past two years to blog. I have become a very committed reader of blogs and share what I read with my friends and family, however, I just can't seem to carve out the time to keep one of mine up to date. Maybe it is the intimidation factor since the blogs that I have read have grown to be so popular and such great reads that I feel my little corner of blogdom would not really matter. I have decided to give it a whirl again.

This past week I have been sick and I have had a lot of time to think. The one thing that I know about is research and trying to live life more simply. Now what I mean is not what most think of when they hear 'the simple life'. I have strived for quite some time to slow down even though with four teenagers it makes it very difficult to go slow but to make each day count. I also look at living life simply to be debt free. My husband and I are Dave Ramsey fans and over the past seven years have relieved ourselves of all our debt and only owe on our home! Talk about freedom!!! This will be our 7th Christmas without credit cards. I guess in my mind that is what led me to try again. I am almost through with my shopping and this year did something completely different for Black Friday....I did it all online! It was more out of necessity since I was so sick with the flu but WOW will I ever do it again next year! There was not one thing that I was not able to get online and I saved money in the process too!

I look forward to trying to keep this blog going and sharing what goes on in the life of a 40 something Mom that has four very busy teenagers, a full time job, and a husband that has a very demanding job in law enforcement. Join me as I pursue simplicity.
Blessings,
Vickie

No comments: