Saturday, July 19, 2008

Super Saving Saturday 7-19-08

Today has been the BEST savings day!!!! I just can't wait to share about it!

My husband last night scoped out some ads for garage and estate sales. It was so sweet. He had it all planned out. One place in particular was a antique dealer moving to Dallas from Edmond and she was selling things from her darling store in OKC. I found some French Country items that I adore. I found a beautiful red and white chenille bedspread that is gorgeous. I am going to use the fabric to cover an ottoman that I have. An old watering can with the spout...you know the awesome, big aluminum ones. I am going to put sunflowers inside it. I found a very old blue willow plate, an awesome long wire basket that I can put my old mason jars inside and then use it as a vase for fresh flowers. Waverly toile fabric was in the bottom of this big box and I grabbed it too. There was also some chicken wire that was brand new plus two cans of Rustoleum paint in a flat black plus an apple red paint. The total for everything was 23.00! SCORE! The most expensive item was the bedspread at 10.00!

We stopped at an estate sale in our neighborhood and I found a Peterboro large Picnic basket from the 50s for 2.00!!!!!! Everything was still inside the basket. It is AWESOME! I also found a milk glass hobnail dish..that is very small with a lid. I think it was for jam. Very cute!

But the biggest find of the day....was at Goodwill. A brand new in the box, still taped down with instructions and warranty....a 2008 Cuisinart 12 Cup Coffee Maker.




Okay my fine frugal friends....I paid 5.00!!!! FIVE DOLLARS! The girl asked me if I had a discount card....I have never heard of Goodwill having one but I was about to jump out of my skin paying only 5.00 for this 100.00 coffee maker that was BRAND NEW!!!!! Thank you Jesus!!

The Lord is so good. I had a wonderful day and we did not spend over 40.00! WONDERFUL!

I hope ya'll had a great productive day too!

For more Super Saving Saturdays check out Money Saving Mom.

4 comments:

Vanessa {Bloom Right Here!} said...

Woohoo! I love hearing about bargains like that! Way to go! I'd love to see pictures of your other finds. Sounds like some beautiful things.

Unknown said...

What a great day! I love garage sales. It sounds like you hit the jackpot!

Monica said...

That is amazing!! That coffee is going to taste extra good in the morning:)

Swirl Girl said...

in Edmond often, and they always have something amazing!! There are 3 that I frequent as often as possible, and that is one of them. Thanks to Goodwill, I have lots of goodies, including brand new pottery barn bedding on my guest bed for $4. WOW. Duvet cover + two shams... I love Goodwill. Good score on the coffee maker too.

How are you guys handling this heat? I'm an inside girl these days.