Wednesday, April 9, 2008

WFMW 4-9-08

I have a hard time getting to the gym. I admit it! I hate going plus if I went with my husband each morning I would be getting up at 4 a.m.! I just don't have the fortitude that he does to do that! However, I have found something that seems to work for me right now. I get up a little earlier and go outside on our back patio where I have some workout equipment. I try to work out for at least fifteen minutes. Now to some that seems like nothing but I am trying to get in the habit of working out and for me.....this is working.

The next thing I have been doing is I park further from my office at work. I use this time to walk briskly into my office building each morning. I get four brisk walks in each day this way: arrival, leaving for lunch, coming back from lunch, and leaving work at the end of the day. I also get up from my desk a couple of times and walk the halls for a few minutes. Once I get home for the evening I usually hit the workout equipment for another fifteen minutes. I need activity and I have been trying to find an alternative to getting up so early and hitting the gym. I know that I am going to need to have a more advanced work out but currently I just want to learn to enjoy it and schedule time for it.

With today's gas prices I just can't see taking separate cars to the gym each morning. If I rode with my husband I would be finished with my workout and waiting for him at least 40 more minutes. I have my morning things to do and can't take this much time out of my day.

This works for me right now. I hope that in the near future we can move our membership to a gym that is closer to our home but for now this works great. Do I love to get up and exercise....NO....do I love how I fell afterwards......YES......Works for me!

For more Works for Me Wednesday posts go to Rocks in My Dryer.

1 comment:

Britni said...

It is pretty hard, but I always feel much better once I do it. One thing that I've found that helps is getting the cardio/sculpting DVDs and just doing them at home. That way if I can't get to the gym, I can still get a great workout in. I highly recommend the Biggest Loser and The Firm DVDs. I'm always sore afterwards.