Monday, December 31, 2007

Goals in 2008


I can't believe another year is about to end and a new one is ready to take flight! The older I get the faster the years seem to appear.


Yesterday, in church, I was listening to the sermon and as our associate pastor was speaking about 2008, it dawned on me that in two more years, 2010, I will have my second child graduating from high school. What really blew my mind was the next year, 2011, our third son will graduate and then in 2012, our little princess will be ready to face the world with high school graduation! As I pondered these things in my heart I became so emotional. I began to wonder if I had prepared them enough for life away from us. I began to feel that overwhelming fear that only satan can impart to ones heart and life. It is all the woulda, coulda, shoulda's that I just did not want to cloud my mind during this wonderful time of worship.


I quickly brushed the thoughts away and knew they were an attack from the enemy. However, I still was in awe that in a very short amount of time I will have an empty nest! I want to make the next few years life changing for my children. They have certainly changed my life.


I have several goals for the next year. I decided to not call them resolutions. My goals for the coming year are:


Strive daily to maintain a quiet time of worship, thanksgiving, Bible study and prayer.


To not sweat the small stuff. I tend to want my home perfect and with our busy lives it all too often is not up to my expectations. This tends to stress me out and in the end cause my husband and children undo frustration.


To exercise twice daily for 30 minutes. I find this works for me better than one hour at the gym.


Continue on my eating pattern of veggies, fruit, and whole grains.


I want to get out our sewing machine and begin to teach my daughter how to sew. Sarah at In the Midst of It has inspired me!!


and finally to spend as much time as I can with each of my children individually and collectively plus maintaining a consistent date night time with my husband.


I pray each of you have a blessed start to this new year. My family is excited to spend time together tonight. I look forward to seeing what God has in store for our family in 2008.

Richest blessings to each of you!

No comments: