Sunday, December 30, 2007

MPM



Since we are having another holiday week my menu plan is going to be much different than say the next week when I will be back at work and the kids back at school.


This is what is on the menu for this week:


Monday - New Years Eve

Family tradition to have snack food or junk food, which I never keep on hand except for special times in our household. Tonight will be Totinos Pizza Rolls. I will be making a big batch of Queso to have with chips. We usually have snack things like crackers, cheeses, sandwiches, and I make cookies or brownies.


Tuesday - New Years Day

Pot of beans in the crock pot and cornbread


Wednesday - Tostadas with refried beans, cheese, lettuce, tomato, salsa, and guacamole

Served with a salad and black bean salsa


Thursday - Quick and Easy homemade Chicken Pot Pie

Several cooked chicken breast or you can use two large cans of chicken breast meat.

2 cans of Veg-all canned veggies, 1 can Cream of Chicken soup; a little thyme (around a 1/4 teaspoon) and pepper to taste. Mix all the ingredients together. Crust: I use the roll out crust or you can use a prepared pie crust. We use two of the roll out crust - one for the top and bottom. Fit one pie crust into 9-inch pie pan; pour vegetable mixture into pie crust. Crimp the edges to seal, and prick top with fork. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes at 375 degrees (on lower rack) or until crust is golden brown and filling is hot. Let the pie to cool slightly before cutting into wedges to serve.


Since we have six people in our family, with three being young men, we always make two of these pies. I just double the recipe. I may try using a Rotisserie chicken this time and see how that turns out. My 11 year old nephew made one by himself a couple of days before Christmas. He did an excellent job and I wished I would have taken a picture of it. It looked like a professional had crimped the crust! My sister was gone to run an errand and he made it to surprise her (with supervision from my brother in law).


Friday - Family night with homemade pizza


Saturday - Turkey Chili


Sunday - Roast Chicken and veggies


For more menu ideas go check out Laura's OrgJunkie.com

1 comment:

Sheila said...

I agree with keeping it simple this week...love your menus....
Sheila