- Started clipping coupons in December and began using them in January when I had a pretty good stash saved up.
- Started CVS-ing and use the Easy Care Card to earn Easy Care Bucks. I have been able to get items for my family for free or nearly free since January.
- Keeping our thermostat at home set in the winter at 66 degrees and in the summer we keep it around 75 during the day; turning it down when we arrive home. Turning our heat down has had huge savings in our utility bill. Everyone has sweats and we all like to cuddle up with quilts or afghans when we watch t.v. together so it works out great. We find we sleep better when it is colder in the house.
- Started replacing some of our lightbulbs with CFL bulbs. I do not like their light to read by but they work wonders in our outside lights and I have used them in some random lamps in our home.
- I read my favorite magazines at Barnes and Noble on date night instead of buying them at the checkout stand when I am shopping. If I find something that would be beneficial to our family I really think about it before I buy the magazine.
For more Frugal Friday ideas check out Biblical Womanhood.