Last week I posted the top five things I am doing to save my family money. I thought this Friday I would make the list a perfect '10' and post five more.
- We have been gathering items to sell on Craigslist and Ebay. Trying to rid our home of clutter and unneccesary items, outgrown clothing, tools, etc. Going to list some items this weekend!
- Went on a clothing fast and declared the first quarter of this year as a 'no clothing shopping quarter'. After I posted about Uganda earlier this week and reading many of the blogs of those that are on this blogging trip with Compassion International, I became very convicted that we have more than we need. The poverty level there is unimaginable. We have all we need and then some. We live very modestly but truly we are very rich compared to Uganda. My children certainly have matching shoes that fit. This week the stories and pictures have made me feel very selfish for wanting to save up for a flat screen television. Our old 25 inch will do a while longer...perspective.
- I am trying to be more faithful to use a grocery list and consistent menu planning. Our local grocer, Crest Foods, always has closeouts and bargains that we do not anticipate. They do not advertise so we never know what to expect on sale. I keep a running list in my purse of our needs and what is currently in our pantry.
- Have cut out the quick trips to the store or Wal Mart. I shop now with more purpose than before, even though I have always been a bargain shopper I am now a more purposeful shopper.
- Signed up for the Grocery Game this month.
For more great frugal ideas, head over to Biblical Womanhood and join in the frugal Friday fun!