Monday, February 25, 2008

MPM 2-25-08

Update: The skillet lasagna was a HUGE success!!! My 16 year old son got everything ready while I was still at work and we put it together upon my arrival at home. We used whole wheat noodles and regular Ragu sauce. It was DIVINE! My husband and sons especially have requested it again! I just wanted ya'll to know that it is scrumptious dillyumptious!
Finally, the illness seems to have run its course through our home and we are all on the mend. This week I hope to get back to my usual daily posting on my blog. I am excited to finally have a Menu Plan Monday!

Monday – Quick and Easy Turkey Lasagna
I saw a recipe in a advertisement in a magazine this weekend. I can’t recall the magazine but will update later on this evening if I find it. The gist of the recipe is that you can make lasagna quick and easy in a skillet. Boil your lasagna noodles as described on the box. I am planning on using whole wheat noodles. Then in a skillet cook an onion and garlic, add turkey meat (the recipe called for Italian sausage), seasonings, and then add tomato sauce (You could use Prego or Ragu). Once the noodles are cooked put some of the meat and sauce layer in a separate bowl for a bit. Add a layer of noodles, put on top a couple of scoops of ricotta cheese (I am going to mix mine with some parmesan cheese too) add sauce and repeat. Cook on top of the stove until nice and bubbly. I am anxious to try this and since I am a wing it type cook I am going to put mine together how I normally make lasagna and see how it goes. I will let ya’ll know next week!

Tuesday – Our old standby Tostadas with black bean and corn relish, salad

Wednesday – eat at church

Thursday – Turkey Burgers with oven fries, baked beans

Friday – Pizza Night!

Saturday – Potato Soup and cornbread

Sunday – Eat out with family

For more menu ideas head over to Laura’s OrgJunkie for more Menu Plan Monday!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Lasagna on the stovetop?! Never would have thought of it, but it sounds like it would work perfectly. Can't wait to hear how it turns out for you. Hope you have a great week!

Swirl Girl said...

Sounds good. I might have to google that. We have been doing whole wheat pasta too... not as good as the real stuff, but... I guess its better for ya. Glad everyone is feeling better!